This week in class we worked on:
- Maths- addition+subtraction/ Money
- Using different strategies to solving word problems
- Analysing the character Moawa from the story ‘The Vanishing Rainforest’ by Richard Platt
- Drawing an animal that lives in the Rainforest and creating a background
- Understanding what a living and non living thing is and being able to provide examples.
- Grammar- The children did some sentence substitution activities where they had to substitute a word from the sentence to change the sentence completely. Please see link if you wish for your child to have a go at this activity at home.
Game may be accessed on: http://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/SentSubPhase5a.htmlPlease see below pictures of our book display outside the Year Two classroom of a character analysis that year two have done on ‘The Vanishing Rainforest’, as well as some great pieces of artwork.
Please remind the children to start on the red line where the arrows have been drawn. Ascenders (l, t, f, j, k, h, d, b) will reach high to touch the sky, the upper blue line, and the descenders (y, p, g, q) will go down deep into the sea, the bottom blue line.
Jin Yang’s Birthday
The children in Year Two celebrated Jin Yang’s birthday (Thursday 23rd February). They sang him ‘Happy Birthday’. All the adults and the children wish Jin Yang a very happy birthday, we hope he had a great day!
Please see the attached PDF links below to access the English and the Maths Home Learning for next week.
The children were put into groups and re-enacted a poem based on insects. They learnt the skills to perform, speak clearly and use actions to support the lines that they acted out. Here are a few pictures to show you their work.
World Book Day
World Book ‘Dress up’ day will be happening next Thursday 2nd March, please ensure that your child comes to school dressed as their favourite book character. Please bring in a book you wish to donate in aid of World Book Day. If you need any help or support with this, then please come and see us.
Have a great weekend,
Ms. Murphy and Ms Ho.